FIRST COMPANIES | P: 616.698.5000 | 6355 EAST PARIS AVENUE SE, CALEDONIA, MICHIGAN 49316
As Construction Superintendent you will play a critical role on the front lines coordinating all activities on site and supervising field personnel to ensure the success of each project. At First Companies, our relationships last long after the project is completed because our customers know we put their needs first and we will ensure them of a space that serves them well for many years. Through your efforts, we will continue our track record for highly satisfied customers who keep coming back and refer us to others.
You will oversee a highly skilled team of subcontractors who were selected because they share our values and standards for quality and safety. Through your skills and experience, projects will be kept on schedule and within budget – always adhering to our high standards for quality. You will be responsible for communicating and implementing safety practices, managing the job site office, and closing out projects, working with other team members.
At First Companies, our mission is to serve others. We view our employees as family and offer a safe work environment that values and empowers each team member as we collectively care for our customers. Our decisions and behaviors are guided by a set of values we all share. For over 50 years, we have found great success through putting the needs of the customer first and caring well for our employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
- Directs all field personnel to complete the projects on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship conforming to plans and specifications.
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies problems in advance and recommends solutions.
- Coordinates material deliveries and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the progress of the project.
- Thoroughly understands the project plans and specifications.
- Maintains positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Prepares schedules, daily reports, job hazard analysis reports and supervises completion of a final Punch List.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Maintains an organized job site including the construction office.
- Conducts weekly meetings with all subcontractors.
- Use of technology including Procore, Microsoft Project and other software as needed
- Organization: Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Communication: Displays strong written and oral communication skills and employs effective listening skills.
- Problem Solving: Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
We are looking for:
- A self-starting, highly motivated and goal oriented individual.
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality.
- Very organized with a systematic approach tasks to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to manage diverse personalities.
- Professionally and technically competent.
- Quick, sharp, confident, assertive, ethical and ambitious.
- Analytical with the ability to examine issues from multiple viewpoints.
- Friendly and out-going in social contacts.
- Works easily with others
First Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We do not discriminate against individuals because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local statute or ordinance.
Job Posted On: January 18, 2023