PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
FIRST COMPANIES | P: 616.698.5000 | 4380 BROCKTON DR, SE, SUITE 1, GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN 49512
PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
As a Service Technician, you will play a critical role on the front lines assisting in the coordination of tenant improvements. At First Companies, our relationships last long after the project is completed because our customers know we put their needs first and we will ensure them of a space that serves them well for many years. Through your efforts, we will continue our track record for highly satisfied customers who keep coming back and refer us to others.
At First Companies, our mission is to serve others. We view our employees as family and offer a safe work environment that values and empowers each team member as we collectively care for our customers. Our decisions and behaviors are guided by a set of values we all share. For over 50 years, we have found great success through putting the needs of the customer first and caring well for our employees.
In this role, you will provide hands-on service in designated areas and/or specialties for buildings and tenants requiring on-site maintenance and or repairs to be completed as directed and assigned.
– Resolve all assigned building/tenant work orders in a timely manner and follow up with Tenant/Property Manager as appropriate to ensure successful resolution.
– Monitor building maintenance contracts with Property Manager and ensure contractor completion of scoped work.
– Manage list of deferred maintenance items as assigned by Property Manager (i.e., capital improvements, maintenance of common areas), and proactively communicate status updates to the Property Manage.
– Log and track all work orders in FCI Property Management system to ensure successful completion, and tracking, of all building/tenant work order.
– Submit weekly time sheets to Property Manager/accounting using timekeeping software.
– Assist in the coordination of tenant improvements for new and/or existing tenants as needed.
– Coordinate and or perform cleaning and maintenance of vacant spaces to ensure spaces are prepared for prospective tenant showings.
– Proactively manage communication with Property Manager and tenants.
– Work flexibly with colleagues and leadership on possible necessary changes to sustain and/or improve the profitability of the Property Management Division.
– Other Projects as assigned.
You will bring three years of experience in commercial building maintenance and five years of experience in maintenance and repairs. The position requires general knowledge of plumbing, heating and electrical. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and as part of a team, when needed.
We are looking for:
– A highly motivated self-starter, with solid organizational skills.
– Proficient use of technology, including Procore, Microsoft Project, and other software as needed.
– A good communicator (written and oral) as well as a good listener who can see things from different viewpoints.
– Someone who can analyze and solve problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner, taking into account objectives, risks, implications, and costs.
– The ability to take a systematic approach to achieve accuracy and efficiency.
– Good interpersonal skills, including a tactful and mature demeanor and the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
– An excellent attention to detail, with emphasis on quality
First Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We do not discriminate against individuals because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local statute or ordinance.
Our employees enjoy a number of benefits including Health Insurance with HAS, Paid Time off, Company-paid Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance, Training and Professional Development Opportunities and 401(k) Match.
Submissions and inquires may be directed to Deirdre Honner, director of human resources, at HR@firstcompanies.com or 616-698-5000.
Job Posted On: February 18, 2021
At First Companies, our mission is to serve others. We view our employees as family and offer a safe work environment that values and empowers each team member as we collectively care for our customers. Our decisions and behaviors are guided by a set of values we all share. For over 50 years, we have found great success through putting the needs of the customer first and caring well for our employees. If you are interested in joining the team at First Companies, we welcome you to upload your resume or email HR@firstcompanies.com.