FIRST COMPANIES | P: 616.698.5000 | 6355 EAST PARIS AVENUE SE, CALEDONIA, MICHIGAN 49316
The Project Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of assigned construction projects from pre-construction through close-out. This position partners with clients, members of the design team, our sales & pre-construction team, site superintendents, subcontractors and government authorities to accomplish the goals of the project team and ensures an on-budget and on-time completion of all projects. The Project Manager establishes, maintains, and accurately reports on all project related financials. This position builds positive relationships with all project team members, making certain that each project meets FCI quality standards.
At First Companies, our mission is to serve others. We view our employees as family and offer a safe work environment that values and empowers each team member as we collectively care for our customers. Our decisions and behaviors are guided by a set of values we all share. For over 50 years, we have found great success through putting the needs of the customer first and caring well for our employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple construction projects at a time
- Collaborate with architects and engineers throughout the design build process
- Organize and facilitate meetings with clients and the design team to meet project goals
- Maintain positive relationships with clients, design team members, site superintendents, subcontractors, and local municipality officials
- Prepare and send out detailed bid packages for all project work categories ensuring a competitive bidding process
- Develop and monitor a detailed construction project schedule and project budget
- Manage pre-construction activities including obtaining permits and project related agreements
- Issue weekly project updates
- Track & update change events throughout the course of each project (managing drawing specifications, costs, and time changes)
- Visit project sites weekly and communicate regularly with field personnel to ensure everything is on schedule and meets FCI quality standards
- Collaborate with team and trade partners throughout the project closeout process to ensure all activities are completed and required documents are procured and distributed.
- Work with Construction division & field leadership to resolve issues delivering projects on budget and on time while maintaining quality and safety
- Maintain, promote, and integrate First Companies’ vision, mission and values with all internal and external stake holders
- Be a team player who has a positive attitude, implements solution-based management, is proactive and relates well with other employees
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks implications and cost
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize and complete projects meeting stated deadlines
- Ability to present information clearly in both meeting and one-on-one settings
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of previous commercial construction experience
First Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We do not discriminate against individuals because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local statute or ordinance.
Job Posted On: January 18, 2023