CONSTRUCTION ENTRY LEVEL CARPENTER | GENERAL LABOr
FIRST COMPANIES | P: 616.698.5000 | 4380 BROCKTON DR, SE, SUITE 1, GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN 49512
CONSTRUCTION ENTRY LEVEL CARPENTER | GENERAL LABOR
As CARPENTER | GENERAL LABOR you will play a critical role on the front lines coordinating all activities on site to ensure the success of each project. At First Companies, our relationships last long after the project is completed because our customers know we put their needs first and we will ensure them of a space that serves them well for many years. Through your efforts, we will continue our track record for highly satisfied customers who keep coming back and refer us to others.
You will be responsible for entry-level carpentry and construction site cleanup. Through your skills and experience, projects will be kept on schedule and within budget – always adhering to our high standards for quality. You will be responsible for communicating and implementing safety practices, supporting site superintendents, and general cleanup.
At First Companies, our mission is to serve others. We view our employees as family and offer a safe work environment that values and empowers each team member as we collectively care for our customers. Our decisions and behaviors are guided by a set of values we all share. For over 50 years, we have found great success through putting the needs of the customer first and caring well for our employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Perform moderate carpentry work on sites including temporary protection, temporary handrails and stairs, temporary doors and windows.
– Provide rough finish carpentry as needed based on workload and need
– Provide onsite support to cover worksites when site superintendents are away
– Provide job site clean-up including trash removal, floor sweeping, material organizing
– Document the progress of the work and report to the Site Superintendent
– Loading and unloading materials and lifting up to 50lbs unassisted
– Ensure that the reputation of the company is upheld in the market by producing high quality work
– Showing efficiency in work and contributing to increasing the profitability of the company
You will bring:
– Must have some rough framing knowledge
– Requires some door hardware experience – plumb, shim hinges, etc
– Thoroughly skilled in the art of carpentry including operating tools and understanding designs
– Good leadership qualities, decision making and organization skills
– A highly motivated self-starter, with solid organizational skills
– Proficient use of technology, including Procore, Microsoft Project, and other software as needed
– A good communicator (written and oral) as well as a good listener who can see things from different viewpoints
– Someone who can analyze and solve problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner, taking into account objectives, risks, implications, and costs
– The ability to take a systematic approach to achieve accuracy and efficiency
– Good interpersonal skills, including a tactful and mature demeanor and the ability to work well with diverse personalities
– An excellent attention to detail, with emphasis on quality
First Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We do not discriminate against individuals because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local statute or ordinance.
Our employees enjoy a number of benefits including Health Insurance with HSA, Paid Time off, Company-paid Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance, Training and Professional Development Opportunities and 401(k) Match.
Submissions and inquires may be directed to Deirdre Honner, director of human resources, at HR@firstcompanies.com or 616-698-5000.
Job Posted On: February 19, 2021
At First Companies, our mission is to serve others. We view our employees as family and offer a safe work environment that values and empowers each team member as we collectively care for our customers. Our decisions and behaviors are guided by a set of values we all share. For over 50 years, we have found great success through putting the needs of the customer first and caring well for our employees. If you are interested in joining the team at First Companies, we welcome you to upload your resume or email HR@firstcompanies.com.