Accounting Analyst Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage monthly construction draw process including management of purchase orders, change orders, budget to actual variance analysis with project managers, review budgets on a monthly basis and process billing to customers and banks
- Participate in weekly review of A/R aging reports and handle communication with subcontractors on payment status
- Assist Director of Accounting with month end close for First Companies
- Support Property Management by assisting with the quarterly financial statement preparation and analysis. Work on developing budgets; analysis of tenant insurance certs, rent rolls, quarterly minutes to investors
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of Company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide financial analyses as needed for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, one to three years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Construction experience preferred.
The successful candidate will:
- Maintain, promote, and integrate First Companies’ vision, mission, and values with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a valued representative of First Companies to all customers and stakeholders
- Leverage technology to provide innovative solutions to streamline accounting transactions and drive internal efficiencies
- Be a team player who has a positive attitude, implements solution-based management, is proactive, and relates well with other employees.
- Proficient in the use of the following software: Excel, Word, Outlook (Procore, SAGE 300 or any other construction management / commercial real estate software a plus)
- Good communication skills must be proficient in both speech and writing.
- Able to present information clearly in both meeting and one-on-one settings.
- Run job tasks in an organized, detailed, and reviewable documented manner.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize incoming work
First Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We do not discriminate against individuals because of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local statute or ordinance.
Our employees enjoy a number of benefits including Health Insurance with HAS, Paid Time off, Company-paid Vision, Long Term Disability, and Life Insurance, Training and Professional Development Opportunities and 401(k) Match. Submissions and inquires may be directed to Deirdre Honner, director of human resources, at HR@firstcompanies.com or 616-698-5000.
Job Posted On: April 28, 2021